If you are interested in offering a home or a safe landing place for one of more of these horses, there are a few requirements that need to be met:
- You must have the financial capacity to care for a horse that will need vet and farrier care
- You must be able to provide shelter, safe fencing, sufficient quantities of hay and grain, and clean drinking water.
- You must have experience working with unhandled, ungentled, or wild horses.
- You must have a plan for what you will do with the horse if it cannot fill the role you’ve chosen for it (i.e., if it can’t be ridden, if it can’t be gentled, if it turns out lame,etc.)
- Fill out and submit an adoption application, below.
Questions about any of the available horses can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep in mind that we are receiving a large volume of calls, emails, and applications. We will do our very best to be in touch with you quickly, so your patience is appreciated. As you can imagine, there is a lot going on for us right now, as we have our own rescued horses who don’t stop needing care, even when an emergency is going on. Thank you so much.
There is another way you can help!
If you're not in a position to take in a wild, unhandled horse right now, why not adopt a SAFE horse?! SAFE has horses who are gorgeous, healthy, friendly, and smart. And by adopting a horse from SAFE, you'll open up a spot for one of these wild horses to join our rescue and benefit from our amazing horsemanship program!